Despite HRH Barbara Walters insisting that Elisabeth Hasselbeck isn’t getting fired from THE VIEW, insiders say her days are numbered and she’s already talking with another network.
“We have no plans for Elisabeth to leave this show,” said Barbara last Monday. However the TV legend isn’t exactly being honest with her viewers. Behind the scenes Elizabeth knows what is going on and is already talking with Fox News about getting her own show.
“The ratings are dropping fast and the show needs a fresh start,” one ABC insider tells NBNROB. “The research numbers on the host’s likability are not good. Also, Barbara is livid that CBS copycat show, ‘The Talk,’ is now close to them in the key demo’s. Elizabeth know’s she’s out and is already talking with another network.”
Barbara was spitting mad that the news got leaked last week, and called off the firing. However, this has only delayed what is going to happen.
Elisabeth’s contract is up next year, but she could go earlier. As NBNROB first reported, “GMA” anchor George Stephanopoulos’ actress-comic wife Ali Wentworth a favorite to join the show.
A rep for “The View” said, “This was all addressed on Monday’s show. [Walters] is not the least bit angry. She loves these women and wants what’s best for them. Everything else is speculation. Producers haven’t begun to search for a new co-host. We have no further comment.”