2013 is the year that the ultimate material girl Madonna will officially join the billion-dollar club. As of 2011, Madonna was worth about $700 million, but after her recent tour and a string of successful business ventures, she is now a BILLIONAIRE!
The final numbers are in, and her 2012 MDNA tour grossed $305,158,363 with 2,212,345 in attendance over 88 shows. The “MDNA” final box office is enough to rank “MDNA” No. 10 all-time in tours.
And as if that was not enough, the tour is just one of many parts of the Madonna empire.
– Madonna made $75 million in tour merchandise sales while on the road. This has always been a huge moneymaker for Madonna, selling t-shirt and an array of Madonna themed goodies.
– According to the fashion and beauty trade Women’s Wear Daily; Madonna made $60 million in sales from her new perfume, Truth or Dare.
– Investments in COCO WATER are said to have earned her millions, as well as launching a new gym chain called HARD CANDY
– Madonna made $10 million from her recent deal with Smirnoff. The company has been hyping her tour with TV spots and has just released a special “Madonna” edition bottle of their vodka.
– The Queen of Pop will also pull in around $10 million in TV rights and DVD sales from her tour.
– Plus, retail experts estimate Madonna will earn $10 million in 2013 from her “Material Girl” clothing line, shoe line and upcoming Macy’s lingerie line.
Lady Gaga – good luck!