On Monday, Hilaria, 37, posted a video to Instagram to set the record straight, explaining that she and Alec, 63, were “getting chased” by a photographer — with whom they’ve “had problems with repeatedly” — so they asked a police officer for help.
In the caption of the post, Hilaria explained that she recorded the video shortly after the incident, but didn’t decide to post until she saw reports that “said I got pulled over.”
She wrote, “THIS IS NOT TRUE AND A LIE.”
In the video, Hilaria said that she and Alec, who were in the car with their eldest daughter Carmen Gabriela, drove around “until” they spotted an officer they believed could come to their aid. The couple also share. She and Alec also share daughter María Lucía Victoria, 8 months, and sons Rafael Thomas, 6, Leonardo Ángel Charles, 5, Romeo Alejandro David, 3, and Eduardo “Edu” Pao Lucas, 13 months.
“I drove around, with Alec and Carmen in the car until I found a police officer and asked for help from the people chasing me. One in particular that harasses us in such an ugly way got out and started screaming at the police and at me,” she wrote. “Saying he is at work, and I am getting in his way—apparently because I won’t let him violate me and my family.”
Hilaria continued, “She made him move is [sic] car. She told me to always reach out for help—it gets scary. So, he takes the photos he took, and says I got pulled over. Where I was driving around, looking for someone to help me.”
She ended her post by calling out tabloids for “writing made up stuff,” adding, “I won’t be silent while you cause harm.”
Hilaria also posted on her Instagram Story Monday, calling on tabloids to “just stop writing fake stuff.”
“It’s really exhausting,” Hilaria continued. “In the end, it just makes us all lose trust that we can believe the news. And the news is so important.”
Alec is currently involved in an investigation into the October death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, who died on the set of his film Rust when a prop gun Alec was holding went off, killing Hutchins.
Investigators issued a search warrant for Alec’s phone in the latest development in the case, PEOPLE previously reported.
“Affiant believes there may be evidence on the phone, due to individuals using cellular phones during and/or after the commission of crime(s),” Sheriff’s Office Det. Alexandria Hancock stated in a search warrant approved by a judge Thursday, per documentsobtained by Deadline. “Such information, if it exists, may be material and relevant to this investigation. Affiant was also made aware there were several emails and text messages sent and received regarding the movie production Rust in the course of interviews.”ORDER A COPY OF ROB’S NEW BEST SELLING BOOK! Called “America’s Number ONE Gossip Columnist” by The National Enquirer. Rob ‘Naughty But Nice’ Shuter breaks celebrity news every day on his website NaughtyGossip.com where he delivers all the dish about the stars we love in his naughty but nice signature style. You can also catch him co-hosting and breaking celebrity news on Good Day New York, The Today Show, The Talk, Wendy Williams Show, CNN, Extra and Z100’s ‘Elvis Duran.’ Previously, Rob was the Huffington Post’s only celebrity columnist and the former executive editor of OK! Magazine. Rob has also hosted his own Saturday night talk show on Mark Cuban’s channel and his own daily morning show, ‘The Gossip Table,’ on VH1! Breaking some of the biggest entertainment stories, including Jamie Lynn Spears’s pregnancy news, Britney’s first post-meltdown interview, Eva Longoria’s wedding, and baby exclusives for Jessica Alba, Tori Spelling and Mathew McConaughey’s tots, Rob always knows where to find the best scoop. Before Rob was one of the world’s most successful entertainment reporters, he was a publicist working for Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys, P. Diddy, Jessica Simpson and Jon Bon Jovi! Now he is bringing all this experience to his new show on I HEART MEDIA in his unique cheeky way, that is always a pinch and never a punch!
Alec’s lawyer, Aaron S. Dyer with Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, shared in a statement Thursday that the actor’s lawyers “requested that the authorities obtain a warrant so that we could take steps to protect Mr. Baldwin’s family and personal information that is clearly unrelated to the investigation.”
Dyer added, “We are confident that the evidence will show that Mr. Baldwin is not responsible civilly or criminally for what occurred on October 21, and he continues to cooperate with authorities.”