Meghan Markle will not attend Prince Philip’s funeral, says Buckingham Palace! Meghan Markle will not attend the funeral of Prince Philip, Buckingham Palace announced on Saturday, ending speculation over whether the actress would accompany Prince Harry across the pond.
“The Duke of Sussex is planning to attend. The Duchess of Sussex has been advised by her physician not to travel. So the duke will be attending,” a royal spokesperson told People of the Windsor Castle funeral service on April 17, which will be closed to the public in accordance with pandemic guidelines. Markle and Prince Harry, who share son Archie, 1, are expecting their second child, a daughter.
On Friday, the Duke of Edinburgh who is the husband of Queen Elizabeth, died at age 99, the palace announced “with deep sorrow.” That day, Markle, 39, and Prince Harry, 36, posted a tribute to Prince Philip which read, “In loving memory of His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh…Thank you for your service.…You will be greatly missed.”
It will be Prince Harry’s first trip back to England after his and Markle’s March 7 CBS interview with Oprah Winfrey, during which Markle shared details of her mental health crisis while living in the palace with little emotional support. The couple, who moved to Montecito, Calif., also claimed that before the 2019 birth of Archie, members of the royal family made racist comments about their unborn child, allegations the palace said it takes “very seriously.”
The interview caused tension among the royals — Harry’s older brother Prince William denied that their family is racist and Prince Albert of Monaco called the televised event not “appropriate” — and it’s unclear if Harry’s visit will heal the family. “Harry will come home, and a meeting between the brothers and perhaps, with luck, a reconciliation over their dead grandfather could be a possibility,” a royal historian Penny Junor told the New York Times.
Harry, who has always been close to his grandparents, later clarified to Winfrey that neither one was responsible for the racist remarks.
Called “America’s Number ONE Gossip Columnist” by The National Enquirer. Rob ‘Naughty But Nice’ Shuter breaks celebrity news every day on his website NaughtyGossip.com where he delivers all the dish about the stars we love in his naughty but nice signature style. You can also catch him co-hosting and breaking celebrity news on Good Day New York, The Today Show, The Talk, Wendy Williams Show, CNN, Extra and Z100’s ‘Elvis Duran.’ Previously, Rob was the Huffington Post’s only celebrity columnist and the former executive editor of OK! Magazine. Rob has also hosted his own Saturday night talk show on Mark Cuban’s channel and his own daily morning show, ‘The Gossip Table,’ on VH1! He just celebrated his one-year anniversary on Radio Rob – his subscription-based daily live podcast gossip show! Breaking some of the biggest entertainment stories, including Jamie Lynn Spears’s pregnancy news, Britney’s first post-meltdown interview, Eva Longoria’s wedding, and baby exclusives for Jessica Alba, Tori Spelling and Mathew McConaughey’s tots, Rob always knows where to find the best scoop. Before Rob was one of the world’s most successful entertainment reporters, he was a publicist working for Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys, P. Diddy, Jessica Simpson and Jon Bon Jovi! Now he is bringing all this experience to his new show on I HEART MEDIA in his unique cheeky way, that is always a pinch and never a punch!
Meghan Markle will not attend Prince Philip’s funeral! Meghan Markle will not attend Prince Philip’s funeral