UK police taking no further action against Prince Andrew after reviewing sex assault claims. The Metropolitan Police said in a statement obtained by Fox News early Monday that it will not take any “further action” into sex abuse claims against Prince Andrew and Jeffery Epstein.
ORDER A COPY OF ROB’S NEW BEST SELLING BOOK!
The statement from the police only named Epstein, who was 66 when he killed himself in a federal jail in Manhattan in 2019 while in custody on sex trafficking charges. In August, Virginia Giuffre, one of Epstein’s longtime accusers, sued Prince Andrew claiming that he sexually assaulted her when she was underage at the London home of Ghislaine Maxwell.
The prince, who has been relieved of his duties, has denied the claim. In late 2019, he told the BBC that he did not have sex with the woman, saying, “It didn’t happen.”
The Guardian newspaper reported that Met officers dropped their investigation on Sunday. The decision reportedly came after they reviewed at least one document tied to Giuffre’s civil claim against the prince.Video
Police said in the statement that they were contacted in January 2015 by a third party concerning Epstein. About four months later, police said they were contacted by representatives of an individual who made “non-recent” sex-trafficking allegations against the rich financier and a British woman.
The statement said the department looked into claims about alleged sex trafficking in central London dating back to 2001, and determined that the probe would be largely focused outside the U.K.
“Officers therefore concluded that the MPS was not the appropriate authority to conduct enquiries in these circumstances and, in November 2016, a decision was made that this matter would not proceed to a full criminal investigation,” the statement read.
The statement said that it took a new look at the decision after Epstein’s suicide and had the same conclusion. About a year later, another unnamed individual brought up sex assault allegations against Epstein but “the person did not make a formal statement or wish officers to pursue the allegations. No investigation was commenced.”
The department said it will continue to “liaise with other law enforcement agencies who lead the investigation.”
Sigrid McCawley, the lawyer for Giuffre, told the Sunday Times, “Given the clear and compelling evidence implicating Prince Andrew, the Metropolitan police should reopen its investigation and stand by their statement that no one is above the law.”
Called “America’s Number ONE Gossip Columnist” by The National Enquirer. Rob ‘Naughty But Nice’ Shuter breaks celebrity news every day on his website NaughtyGossip.com where he delivers all the dish about the stars we love in his naughty but nice signature style. You can also catch him co-hosting and breaking celebrity news on Good Day New York, The Today Show, The Talk, Wendy Williams Show, CNN, Extra and Z100’s ‘Elvis Duran.’ Previously, Rob was the Huffington Post’s only celebrity columnist and the former executive editor of OK! Magazine. Rob has also hosted his own Saturday night talk show on Mark Cuban’s channel and his own daily morning show, ‘The Gossip Table,’ on VH1! Breaking some of the biggest entertainment stories, including Jamie Lynn Spears’s pregnancy news, Britney’s first post-meltdown interview, Eva Longoria’s wedding, and baby exclusives for Jessica Alba, Tori Spelling and Mathew McConaughey’s tots, Rob always knows where to find the best scoop. Before Rob was one of the world’s most successful entertainment reporters, he was a publicist working for Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys, P. Diddy, Jessica Simpson and Jon Bon Jovi! Now he is bringing all this experience to his new show on I HEART MEDIA in his unique cheeky way, that is always a pinch and never a punch!
UK police taking no further action against Prince Andrew. UK police taking no further action against Prince Andrew